July 21, 2008

It's Monday!




It's Monday, so that means a card for 2 Sketches 4 You. I knew right away what I wanted to do with the sketch this week. I've had these little tool charms forever, and love how they turned out with this card. The patterned paper is the Cosmo Cricket Twist and Shout collection. I tried a little trick with the Dad title. On the patterned paper that has circles, I used my stylus tool to trace around the circles. I just put the paper on my mouse pad, and made sure not to press too hard with the stylus tool so I wouldn't rip through the paper. I turned it over and rubbed my old fluid chalk pad lightly across the top. It made the circles I embossed stand out. It turned out quite well.


I decided to post a picture of my cute hubby and sweet baby Casey.
One more thing. I designed my sisters blog for one of her dance competitions. Check it out HERE. Tell me what you think of it.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Lindsay this is super cute! I love the little tools and the rope :) Clever idea for the embossing too.
Thanks for playing this week at 2S4Y
:)

Anonymous said...

What a cool card!! Love those tool embellies! :)

Deb said...

So cute! The embossing is fabulous!

Nicole said...

Lindsay,
SUPER CUTE!! I love that! I use a Canon Rebel XTI and I love it. I have had too much fun with it lately!! I love the dance website-you are talented at everyhing! I also love the picture of the kids. I love Brooklyn's face...I bet she was bossing everyone into place! That little stink! Isn't she funny? Good job!-it looks awesome.

Kimmarie Baker said...

Love the card and how you did the circles. The tools are cool. What a great picture!

Annie said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing!!
Annie. XX

Ingrid said...

What a cool masculine card.

Lisa said...

That is the coolest guy card. Love those little tools. I also love the photo with the color inset in the top corner.

Jacey's Mom said...

Love the card! Also like your new banner.
Take care,
Christy

Sherry Wright said...

How cute is this, great job!

Eveline said...

I love those little tools. Great card.
Eveline.

danni reid. said...

oh so cuuuute!

Kath Stewart said...

Great card for the sketch - love the tools and the rope and hey great colour combo
kath
xxxx

Kath Stewart said...

By the way Lindsay love the new look on your blog...thought I was in the wrong place though
Kath
xxxx

marcibun said...

This is an awesome card Lindsay. So creative!

shelly said...

great guy card!

Unity Place