November 19, 2008

Unity Wednesday Challenge



I LOVE UNITY!
I just thought I should mention that in case you didn't already know.
So today's Unity addicts Wed. challenge is to use this picture for inspiration.

I was going to make a card, but lately I just feel like making anything BUT a card. So I made this magnet board.

It's a flashing shingle for a roof. It was only like 69 cents at home depot. You can get them in the roofing section. You can get all sorts of sizes. I didn't have any designer paper that I loved for this project, so I thought it was a great opportunity to show how easy it is to use Unity stamps to make your own paper. I've been embossing EVERYTHING this week. I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with the resist stamping and different things.

And what a perfect time to use my FAVORITE stamp set, Daisy Days. I'm addicted to this set. The magnets are just a stamped image that I cut out with a circle punch, and glued a round magnet to the back. You can get the magnets anywhere. I get mine at Walmart. And the cute kids? Well, you'll have to try to make your own, those are mine. But good luck making them look as cute!!! HAHAHA.


Don't forget that tomorrow is HIP HOP with Unity. Start on the Unity Blog, make your way through the amazing Design Team's blogs, and hang out with us all day on the Unity forum on SCS.

13 comments:

Joy said...

lindsay, this is ssoooooooo pretty, congrats on the spotlight on the Unity blog today, you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo glad you're one of my BFFs :)

Anonymous said...

So pretty!

Jacqueline said...

Just gorgeous Dahling!! Hey girl awesome your on Unity blog! I love seeing your creations and I think the tree is a must have and I think this might be the month I start the KOTM! Thanks to Tanis for bringing you along to the Unity stamp fun!! See ya tomorrow HIP HOP!

Tiff said...

so darn pretty...

Eva said...

Ohhh...Lindsay, that is so pretty!!!!! Love it!

Lisa Hetrick said...

Lovely. Just love what you did with the stamps. You rocked it.

Lisa

Tanis said...

You are the queen of non cardy type things.
LOVE it!
Oh, and you're also the queen of backgrounding.
Yah.

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Gorgeous! And, it's even cuter with the pic attached! ;) Thanks for playing the challenge, and CONGRATULATIONS on being Unity's WOW girl this week! I am *dying* for my KOTM to arrive so that I can play with your adorable images!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is stunning! That picture just brings it to life!

You've been tagged!
Drop by my blog to see what this means.
-Heidi

Laura Davis said...

Wow Lindsay your spotlight is awesome at Unity! Your stamps are amazing! You are amazing!
I adore this magnet board:)
Hugs
Laura

Unknown said...

Lindsay this is amazing! I love it and the Unity Stamp site is awesome!
Hugs
Kazan

Jami said...

So clever!! I just love the amazing things you come up with!!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and so original!
mary
hoganfe handmade
handbag originals

Unity Place