December 23, 2008

God is good.

First of all, I'm so thankful for everyone's prayers and concern. Thank you so much. I guess I'll give a little description of what has been going on.

Chad thought he was getting the flu earlier last week. He insisted he was okay and decided to paint our entire house with primer. He came home that night very sick with chills and a high fever. He continued to fever until Friday. He was feeling okay on Friday morning but decided he didn't feel well enough to go to work yet, so he stayed home. He started to feel really full and "gassy" into the night. He didn't sleep much Friday night and Saturday he was feeling very sore and short of breath. He thought he'd be okay and he wanted to wait to see if things would get better before he went to the doctor. (MEN!) On Sunday morning he finally gave in and let me take him to the ER. He was extremely ill. They did blood work and x-rays and decided he was in such bad shape that he needed to be life flighted to Ogden. The infection had gone through all of his blood stream and had started to attack his kidneys.

*How do these things happen to us? Aren't we supposed to be the ones that those things DON'T happen to? *

He was in the ICU on ALOT of oxygen, and ALOT of antibiotics, and ALOT of fluids. I emailed my friend Tanis as soon as I could and she right away put up a message on the SCS forum. Prayers and concerns and well wishes poured in. He far surpassed the doctors expectations of a quick recovery. His levels were looking very good. He was only in the ICU for 1 1/2 days. He's now on the regular medical floor. He's still having a hard time breathing and sleeping. But, he's doing so well.

I sat on his bed and prayed so hard, that the Lord would pour health and love into his body so he can be home with his family on Christmas. After praying I looked up at his monitors, and his levels changed right in front of me. His highs lowered and his lows went up. I thank God for answering my prayers. I thank Him for His tender mercies. I am humbled today. I'm inspired. I feel LOVE. If you read my post the other day, you'll understand how inspiration is so important. I had no idea where that was coming from, yet look at the LOVE that has poured into my own life today.

Thank you EVERYONE for your prayers and kind thoughts. The doctor said had I waited 1 more day to bring him in, he probably wouldn't have made it. That's how close I was to losing him. I love him with everything I have. I love Him with everything I have as well. God is good.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he is doing so much better. He will continue to be in my prayers!!!


(((((hugs))))

Tonya

Eva said...

OH, Lindsey, what a scarce!!!! I am so glad he is feeling better! Only men would just go on, and on until they have to be airlifted, right? I will keep sending him love and healing light for his speedy recovery and wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Hugs my friend!

Joy said...

Lindsay, hugs and prayers for your family. I'm glad he is doing better!

Jenn said...

So glad to know he is doing better, it's truly a Christmas miracle! Enjoy your family to it's fullest everyday.

Unknown said...

My goodness Linsay! I had no idea, but I will certainly add my prayers for his continued recovery and that he will be home with you for Christmas!
All my best,
Heidi

Lisa Hetrick said...

Lindsay. God is Good. I hope things are getting better each moment and Chad will be home asap. Praying for you chica. Love ya.

Lisa

Chase and Amanda said...

Linz we were so worried when we heard the news. I'm so glad Chad is doing better! We love your family so much and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers! Love ya girl!

Tanis said...

God is good. God heals. God answers. God is here for you...
Keep trusting my sweet friend.
Still praying....
♥♥♥Tanis

Anonymous said...

I am glad Chad is doing better, and I hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Your Neighbor,

Rich

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this post! Gosh, I have been so busy with the holidays. I hope he gets better soon. Defitely keeping you all in my prayers.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Praise God for answered prayers! I am so sorry that I missed your posts. How thankful I am that you were surrounded with lots of prayers and support.

Hugs & Merry Christmas,
~nance

Jami said...

Oh my goodness Lindsay... I've been so caught up in the hustle of the holidays, I had no idea of what you were going through. I will pray both for his health, and for strength for you to get through this.
sending big hugs...
Jami

Unity Place