December 1, 2008

Vintage Style


I was on a quest one day at the thrift store. I was picking up all sorts of cheap old junk. I love cheap old junk that can be glorified. I found this old travel chest for $3!! What a deal. It even came with a smell of old man medicine. What a great addition huh? HAHA. So here is the before picture:



And here is the after!! I think I really like it. I love the colors. It's one of my favorite color combos.

s




One more thing I wanted to share. I found this blog somehow one day and am in LOVE with it. It's this guy that just cooks out of his home and gives out the recipes. The food is AMAZING!! If you need a good recipe for the holidays, go here and look at all his yummy recipes. He even posts a picture with every one of them. It makes my mouth water every time I read it. It's called Closet Cooking. Check it out.

9 comments:

Joy said...

Lindsay, this is amazing, can you come over and alter some of my stuff I have sitting around???????????????????

Tanis said...

Oh me too, what Joy said!! Cause I don't do that very good. Or maybe I don't have the patience...
LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is adorable Lindsay! Just too cute and I love all the detail work you did with the trim!

MamaSheg said...

Oh this is gorgeous girl!! It came out so cute. I need more details on how you did everything. Is that paper, rubons...love it. XOXO

Heather said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! This is EXACTLY the reason I am planning a girls day out to all the thrift stores around!!! You are soooo inspiring!!! SERIOUS, can you come to my house so we can have a play date!!??!!

Eva said...

This is sooooooooo gorgeous!!!! Even Michael loved it!!! Those stamps and the colors you used are so stunning, just perfect I have to say!!!! Someone would pay big $$$$ for something like that, I bet!!!! Gorgeous!!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute!!!!!!!! I want to go out and find one to decorate now! And by the way, I checked out Closet Cooking and you are right! I'm going to try that onion dip recipe. BTW, if you're looking for other cooking blogs, I have a couple listed on mine.

Tiff said...

This is amazing!!!! I have two old train cases that I've been meaning to alter...

Unity Place